*3-4 pieces of cod
*1 c. Bok choy
*1 c. Chopped Broccoli
*1/4 c. Matchstick carrots
*4 chopped Mushrooms (any kind-shiitake rocks.)
*1/4 c. Green Onions
*1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
*1 Tsp. Coconut oil
*1 1/2 c. Brown rice (which we will use 3 cups of it when cooked)
*1/3 c. Sake
*1/3 c. Mirin
*2/3 c. Sugar (or honey- needed to get the rice and sauce to caramelize in pan)
*1 c. White miso paste
*1 tsp. Minced fresh ginger
*1 tsp Minced garlic
*1/3 c. Sake
*1/3 c Mirin
*2/3 c sugar
*1 c white miso paste
*1 tsp minced fresh ginger
*1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1. Bring sake, Mirin and sugar to boil. Reduce heat add in 1 c. white miso paste,1tsp garlic and 1 tsp.ginger. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
2. Place cod in ziploc Baggie and pour in about 1/4 of the misoyaki marinade. Reserve the rest. About 3/4 of marinade.
3. Place baggie with cod and marinade in the refrigerator. The cod can stay in this marinade up to 48 hours. The longer the better.
BROWN RICE RECIPE:
Next step is to make the brown rice. Branda Piersall’s recipe of Total Nourishment Rn is the best!
1. Boil 6 c. Water.
2. Add 1 1/2 c. Brown rice. (This will make about 4 cups-we will only use 3 cups)
3. Boil on medium for 30 minutes uncovered.
4. Drain water. Place lid on pot and let sit for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
In a 10-12 inch oven proof sauté pan over medium high heat add the following: 1 tablespoon coconut oil & sauté carrots first, add broccoli, Bok choy and mushrooms. Add 1 Tbsp of soy sauce. Sauté just to barely take off the crunch. Add a Tbsp of water if needed.
Remove vegtables from pan. Keep the heat on medium-high. Add 3/4 of the reserve marinade to the pan. Keep 1/4 of the marinade of it out. It will go on the cod in a second. Add 3 cups of brown rice to the marinade in pan. PLEASE DO NOT STIR. Press rice down in skillet. PLEASE DO NOT STiR. Add sautéed vegtables on top of rice. Add cod on top of that. Place the last 1/4 of marinade in cod. Place skillet in 450 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cod reaches 140 degrees. Broil for 2 minutes if you want the fish to be a bit crispy in the top.
Garnish with chopped green onion.